This was a good day for brownies! We had about half a jar of our Triple Caneberry Fruit Spread that was a perfect match for warm, fudgy chocolate. The Triple Caneberry spread is made with three types of Oregon blackberries, a splash of local rum and Organic brown sugar (it gives it a rich, molasses flavor). Try this spread with brownies, cupcakes, with brie or on fresh bread. If you want to purchase a jar, we’re hoping to have it in our online shop soon and will be offering it at markets and events this summer!
Easy Brownies with Triple Caneberry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 + 1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 duck eggs (or 3 chicken eggs)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup + 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Mt. Hope Farms Tripe Caneberry Fruit Spread (this recipe would also be delicious with our Raspberry-Marionberry and Premium Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spreads)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8 x 8 square pan.
- Mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
Slowly add eggs to sugar mixture, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Slowly add to the sugar and egg mixture until fully combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Dollop fruit spread on top of the batter and gently swirl into the chocolate (creating a marbled effect).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness at 25 minutes. Ours were still gooey at about 27 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving