This is our first, official recipe post on the blog! I’m hoping that we will find time to do many more to give you a better idea about how to use our products. One of our goals is to use as many Oregon ingredients as possible in our recipes to help support other local producers, artisans and businesses.
A jam and brie pairing is almost always a winning combination! I used the recipe from the ‘Just a Taste’ blog and it turned out AMAZING with a few, tiny modifications to fit our products. So, here it is: Brie Bites with Fruit Spread!
- 1/2 cup Mt. Hope Farms’ Raspberry-Marionberry Fruit Spread
- 1 (8 oz) cold wheel of Blue Heron Smoked Brie (substitute for what brand is available to you)
- 1 package (2 sheets) of cold puff pastry
- 1/8 cup toasted, and finely chopped, Oregon Hazelnuts
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, cut each sheet into 9 squares, making them as similar in size as possible.
- Cut the wheel of brie into 18-20 small wedges. Place a wedge of the brie into one corner of each pastry square, leaving room around the sides for crimping. Put a Tablespoon of Raspberry-Marionberry Fruit Spread on each wedge of brie and sprinkle, lightly, with hazelnuts.
- Fold each pastry square into a triangle being careful not to press out any of the filling (we definitely weren’t good at this part 😉 ). Crimp the edges with a fork to seal and cut a small slit at the top of the triangle to allow steam to escape.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and then, using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of the pastry triangles. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for at least five minutes before enjoying!